Saturday, March 15, 2014

Kershaw Knife Needs Work

Knife Needs Work Everyday Carry
   Today I want to review the Knife Needs Work From Kershaw. I have been carrying this little knife for a couple of months now. I'm always looking for a nice quality knife without breaking the bank. This knife goes for around 30 dollars so it's not expensive like a say a Spyderco. The knife is made of 14c8N steel. I believe this is a proprietary alloy for Kershaw. The blade is a straight edge no serrations. For everyday use has been great but sometimes I would like it to have serrations. Other than that the blade comes razor sharp. It is easy to resharpen with a whetstone. If you don't want to or know how to resharpen your knife, Kershaw will resharpen it for free for the life of the knife.

   The handle feels pretty comfortable and its made of polymide. I believe it comes in a variety of colors so you have that option if you'd like.

The main feature of this knife is that it is SpeedSafe assisted opening. In my opinion I love the Speed Safe assisted opening. It's very fast it has never failed me and I would not buy a knife that didn't have a similar type of assisted opening. It's like having power windows in your car. Once you have them you never want to go back to winding your car windows up and down.

This knife in the past had been criticized for not having a strong locking mechanism. Kershaw must've taken note on this because the locking mechanism hasn't failed me once. It is strong and it hasn't ever closed.

One thing about this knife though. Don't lend it to your clumsy friends that think every knife is a throw knife. They will break the tip. the tip although plenty strong for normal use it's a bit thin and will break if abused.

Overall this is a great knife in a great price range. Durable, handy easy to carry. It'll make a nice addition to your EDC kit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment