Sunday, March 9, 2014

Olight S10 L2 Review



EDC Flashlight



  Greetings! Today I want to review the Olight S10 L2 Baton light. I have been carrying this great little light for a couple of weeks now and I want to let you all know what I think of it. Well lets start with some specs.

1- This little light can put out as far as 400 lumens. That is pretty good for a tiny light like this one.

2-The construction is anodized aircraft aluminum. I have put the toughness of this little light to the test right away since I have butter fingers. I have let it fall on a concrete floor several times. It has gotten a few tiny scratches already. But hey that gives it personality I guess.

3-The Light has 4 different settings. Moonlight (half a lumen bright) up to high beam which is the full 400 lumen. Plus it has strobe mode which you access by double clicking the on off switch while on.

4- It is 2.75" long. Which is pretty small. I put it in my side pocket and it's not uncomfortable. Barely know it's there. Hasn't gotten tangled with anything up to this point.

5- Runs on a CR-123 Battery. I haven't changed it yet. But I have been looking around for it and it's not a battery you can find everywhere. I have yet to check the local Radio Shack to see if it is something they carry.

6-Magnetic tail cap. More useful than not having one. I have to admit, up to this point I haven't use it but I'm sure I will sometime. So it is nice to have.

7- Pocket clip. The pocket clip works nice and holds on tight. You might have to work a bit to get it all the way in but nothing to bad. 

  So in my experience. The light has been very useful. I used it almost everyday as I live on a dark neighborhood. It is very bright has a nice white hue and nice focus. Weight wise I would say it has a nice feel to it. Doesn't feel light and cheap, it feels nice and hefty for the size. It seems that it is plenty tough. Like I said before, mine has hit a concrete floor several times already and nothing more than a few scratches. But, no damage whatsoever.

  The specs indicate that it can withstand drops from up to 2 meters so it is plenty tough.  It is also water resistant up to 2 meters underwater. Obviously you do not want to go diving with it but it'll withstand some nice rain.


  One thing that I have to say I didn't like about it was the position of the pocket clip. If you leave it on the position it comes in you run the risk of turning on your light. The light has a hold mode which won't let it turn on as a easily but it still managed to turn on by itself a few times. The problem is the clip is on the opposite side in relation to the switch. What happens is the switch presses against your body hence it turns the light on.

I solved this problem by rotating the pocket clip 90 degrees. What that does is it puts the switch to the side instead of against the body. That greatly reduces the chances of the light turning on by itself. For me it has worked great.

So for 35 to 40 dollars you get a very useful piece of equipment that will be useful when you most need it. Be it changing a tire in the middle of the night to looking for your car keys at night. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment