Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Leatherman Juice CS4 Review


Leatherman CS4 Juice

This is the Leatherman Juice CS4. I have been carrying this little gem for a couple of years now. Let me give you a list of the tools it includes before continuing.

  • Pliers

  • Straight knife

  • Serrated blade

  • Wire cutter

  • Hard wire cutter

  • Corkscrew

  • small, medium and large flat screwdrivers

  • Phillips screwdriver

  • Can/bottle opener

  • Scissors

  • Awl

  • Lanyard attachment
 
    Like I said before. I have been using this tool for a couple of years now. It's been great arround the house. I couldn't tell you how many things this thing has assisted me to fix in the house. From broken shower handles to fixing some electrical connections.
    When I first made the decision to buy this multi-tool, I was interested in buying something smaller than the average multi-tool but not so small to be useless. One of my friends always carried a Leatherman and although useful and sturdy, the one he had was a bit to big for me to carry around all the time. The size of this one made it perfect for me. Feels nice and sturdy and rugged but in a smaller form factor.
     Now, in contrast to some of the other Leathermans, this one does not have locking mechanism on the tools. So that's something you have to know if you decide to buy it. In my case, since I've used it for light jobs the locking mechanism hasn't been an issue. 
    The Juice CS4 comes anodized in sapphire blue. The finish has held up very well trough time. Mine is a bit scuffed but just normal wear. Considering how old it is it's quite OK.
    This one doesn't include a sheath. That comes separately. It's just like $4 so it's not expensive.
    Overall I like it. Useful, easy to carry and with a nice list of tools.
     

0 comments:

Post a Comment